- Press the Start button.
- Open Control Panel.
- Click on Administrative Tools.
- Click on Windows Firewall with Advanced Security.
- Click on Windows Firewall Properties.
- Select the Private Profile tab. (or the Public or Domain tab if you are on that type of network.)
- Choose Block in the drop down for outbound connections.
Monday, 25 May 2009
How to block outbound connections with the Windows Firewall
The Windows Firewall for Vista and Windows 7 allows you to block outbound connections, something that Windows XP didn't. To block outgoing connections: